Monday, May 14, 2012

The beginning

On April 9,  I went to my new job at Denny's in Waco, not know that what was to come would change my thinking, my eating and the path that I was walking. I started feeling bad and became disoriented. I became very pale and had to take a minute. But the minute didn't shake the feelings that I was feeling. My sugar level was at 352, later i found out that it had been running that high for awhile in order for me to get to the stage I was in, and my body began to shut down. By time I got to my aunt and uncles house I had already gotten in a comatose state. My aunt gave me a drink, all veggies, that saved my life by dropping my sugar level. Within days my cousin started me on Juice Plus, a clay bath and diabetic smoothies. The smoothies didn't taste good but if i had it to do all over again, I would drink them again. And in fact, I'm doing a 7 day smoothie diet that includes the same smoothies that I drank a month ago. I' am 32 pounds lighter after 5 weeks of watching what I eat and drinking smoothies. Starting Today, May 14, 2012, I starting my 30 day plan. Which includes 7 days of nothing but smoothies and fruit and vegetable snacks. Week 2, I will add in beans for protein and other healthy foods. But I will remain on the smoothies and stay on no meat and very little dairy. Week 3, I'm going to add in small amounts of meat. Week 4, my menu will consist of a healthy balance of smoothies, fruits, vegetables, meats, and other sources of  healthy nutrients. I'm transforming all my eating habits into healthy eating and finding a balance that will also be right for my 3 year old son. In week 2, Shawn, my son will also begin taking Juice Plus as a daily supplement. Today, day 1, I'm feeling a little hungry yet I am sticking to my guns and following the striecked guidelines that I have set for myself along this path that I have chosen t to take. For the next 30 days I have also designed a workout plan that includes walking for an hour a day, which my family are joining in on. In the end of this I will have gain control of my life, my health and my body. And i feel excited, nervous yet ready to take on anything that comes my way during this journey.  On April 9 i weighed 263. Today I weigh 231. And I know the pounds will continue to come off now that I'm taking control of my diabetes. Honestly, I'm very thankful that God has open my heart and mind to a new way of living because obviously the old way was not working out very well for me. Tell next time, Goodbye and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment